How To Find Deadbeat Parents

Deadbeat parents are those who fail to fulfill their parental responsibilities. This can include failing to provide financial support, failing to provide emotional support, or failing to provide both. 

Children who grow up with absentee or absentee-at-work parents frequently struggle in life because they lack the guidance and support that they require to succeed. 

Unfortunately, there are a large number of absentee parents in the world, all for many different reasons that have hugely negative affects on children. 

First and foremost, determine whether or not your parent is regularly involved in your life. What about your sporting events or school plays? Do they show up? 

If they don’t, it could be a sign that they aren’t interested in being a part of your world. Lets take a look at some good ways to make it easy locating a deadbeat parent.

Use BeenVerified To Find Records

To help the users of this site, we’ve partnered up with BeenVerified so you can search for records of people, vehicles, addresses, phone numbers, businesses, and more.

This searching service may help reveal almost everything you need to know!

Information Available on BeenVerified:

  • Criminal Records
  • Photos
  • Email Addresses
  • Phone Numbers
  • Social Profiles
  • Home Addresses
  • Relatives & Associates
  • Sex Offenders Register
  • And much more…

Why Decide To Find Deadbeat Parents?

There are many reasons why someone might decide to find a deadbeat parent. Perhaps you want to hold that person accountable for child support or seek financial compensation for the costs associated with raising a child alone. 

Or maybe you simply want to make sure that your hard-earned tax dollars are not going toward helping your child’s absentee parent live a life of luxury. 

Whatever your motivation, there are many ways to track down a deadbeat parent and take legal action against them. 

With the help of professional investigators or online tools, you can uncover all kinds of information about their whereabouts and financial status, as well as any possible assets. 

So if you’re firm in your conviction that every child deserves his or her fair share, it’s time to put your plan into action and find that deadbeat parent today!

How To Find Deadbeat Parents?

Gather All Personal Information You Can

The first step is to gather as much personal information as you can. This might include their name, date of birth, and current address. 

If you have any old photos of the parent in question, that can also be helpful. Once you have this basic information, you can start to search for them online. 

If you have a relationship with any of the parents friends and they are open to communication, you may be able to get some of this information from them directly. 

Keep in mind that you will probably need to hire a professional investigator if you want to get more in-depth information and potentially take legal action against them.

Search Public Records Using BeenVerified

Use of services such as BeenVerified makes it simple to search for people based on their name and other relevant information such as their age, address, and other contact details. 

You can use the platform to filter your search results by location, allowing you to quickly identify individuals who may be evading child support obligations. 

Once you’ve identified the individuals in question, BeenVerified provides links to additional resources, such as background checks and information on how to file a formal complaint with the appropriate authorities.

Hire a Lawyer

Hiring a lawyer to find a deadbeat parent may be the best course of action, but it can be expensive. You want to make sure that you have realistic expectations and understand what the lawyer can and cannot do for you. 

You should sit down with the lawyer and discuss your options. The lawyer may suggest hiring a private investigator or using public records to find the parent. 

If you decide to move forward with the lawyer, they will help you file any necessary paperwork and provide guidance as you work through the legal system.

Hire a Private Investigator

You might think about hiring a private investigator to track down the parent if you can’t find them. 

When attempting to locate individuals who are purposefully hiding from those who are attempting to collect child support payments or make other arrangements regarding their children, this is an effective method of locating those individuals. 

This is more expensive than working with an attorney, but it is usually more affordable than doing so on your own. 

If you decide to go this route, you should hire an experienced private investigator who is licensed in your state and has a good reputation.

Use Government Resources

There are also many government resources that can be helpful. The federal Office of Child Support Enforcement provides a variety of services to help parents locate their children’s other parent, establish paternity and set up child support orders. 

You can also use the OCSE website to search for deadbeat parents and find out if they have any outstanding arrest warrants or other legal issues. 

Additionally, many states also have their own child support enforcement agencies, which may offer additional tools and resources to help you track down the parent in question.

Reach Out To Known Relatives

Alternatively, you could try contacting any known relatives of the absent parent. This can assist you in obtaining additional information, such as their current address or contact information. 

If you have reason to believe that they are assisting the parent in avoiding child support payments or hiding from creditors, it is critical that you exercise caution. 

It may also be beneficial to have an attorney present when you speak with them, so that you can ensure that your rights are being respected.

If you go this route, do not ask in a negative way. They may think that you want to start drama.


For those who are in the process of looking for a deadbeat parent, there are numerous options available. You can begin by searching public records or using a people search platform such as BeenVerified to find information. 

You might also want to think about hiring a lawyer or a private investigator to assist you. In addition, there are numerous government resources that can be beneficial, such as the OCSE website, which is a good starting point. 

To conclude, you can contact any known relatives of the absent or delinquent parent in order to gather additional information and possibly enlist their assistance.

bryan rucker
Written by Brian Williams

Brian is an expert in security, privacy, and information. He has studied background checks, criminal, people search, and such topics over the last 5 years. He is also an avid writer and enjoys sharing his knowledge through this blog. Read more of Brian's articles.